Endolift® is an innovative new minimally invasive laser alternative to surgical face lifting that remodels and precisely delivers laser energy to contour facial fat and tighten skin, under local anaesthesia in an office-based procedure.
Endolift Treatment Summary
This technology from Eufoton, has been used in Italy for more than a decade & is a non-surgical office based procedure that allows Dr. Shah-Desai to target smaller areas of the face, like festoons, lower face and neck giving visible results without the cost, downtime or risks of a surgery. It works regardless of your skin colour.
- Less downtime – compared to surgical alternatives
- Long-lasting results – results can last up to 2 years
- Unrivalled expertise – performed by Mrs. Shah-Desai
What is Endolift?
Endolift® treatment utilises a 1470nm laser and works through specific single-use micro optical fibres, as thin as hair, which are easily inserted under the skin into the superficial hypodermis. Then laser-induced focussed heat melts the fat, which spills from the microscopic entry holes in the treated area.
This simultaneously causes immediate skin retraction and the reduction of skin laxity thanks to the activation of neo-collagenesis and of metabolic functions in the extra cellular matrix. The skin tightening created by Endolift® is strictly linked to the selectivity of the laser beam used, that is, to the specific interaction of the laser light which selectively hits two of the main targets of the human body: water and fat.
It offers a safe and effective solution to lift and tighten loose skin whilst also reducing areas of unwanted fat e.g. jowls, double chin, “turkey” neck.
Normally, one treatment is recommended, requires local anaesthesia and takes 60-
120 mins. The results take 3-6 months to be fully appreciated, however, this is very
patient dependant & some patients see visible results.
Endolift® for Jowls, Turkey Neck vs Face & Neck lift surgery?
Surgical face & neck lifts are highly effective for treating moderate to severe loose neck & facial sagging and fat jowling. It offers impressive results lasting more than 10 years, for some downtime & a higher cost.
Endolift® is a new innovative way of tightening mild to moderate loose skin and reducing submental & jowl fat and is an impressive alternative to surgery, allowing a gradual correction.
One session is required, however some patients may need a second treatment that can be repeated at 6-12 months. Perfect for people who want a gradual, scar less correction, with reduced cost and downtime.
The tightening effects can last for one -two year, but some patients and doctors say results can last up to five years—compared to the eight to ten years of longevity you could expect from surgical facelift results.
What happens during the treatment?
The procedure is carried out in an outpatient setting, under local anaesthetic. The treatment involves a small laser fibre being inserted under the skin to deliver laser energy to the treatment area. Small laser eye shields are placed OVER the eyelids (advisable to remove contact lenses & not wear them for 24 hours post treatment).
The treatment can take 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the area to be treated. During the treatment you can talk and listen to music.
After treatment there is no need for compression bandage or dressings (unlike surgery & facetite). You will be given aftercare instructions and a date will be set for initial review between 4-6 weeks. We recommend that you either have someone collect you from the clinic or that you take a taxi home
Endolift® Recovery and Downtime
Treatment is performed in an outpatient setting, so you can go home right after treatment. Following Endolift ®treatment swelling, redness and bruising can settle within 1-2 weeks, but most patients are able to return to social activities in 1-2 weeks. Patients may also experience soreness, tenderness and numbness for several weeks after treatment, these are not permanent and resolve in time. Rarely the motor nerve may be temporarily affected in a lower face treatment and you may need to use of oral anti-inflammatory tablets.
Does Endolift® hurt?
Local anaesthetic injections may sting temporarily before numbing the area, some patients feel occasional heat and discomfort. At the end of the session, there will be small some redness and swelling in the treated area which may be sore and numb for a few weeks.
Who should not have this treatment?
- If you are pregnant
- Have a Pacemaker or internal defibrillator or any electronic Implant such as glucose monitor
- Have a Permanent implant in the treated area such as metal plates and screws, silicone implants or an injected chemical substance
- A history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema and rash as well as excessively/freshly tanned skin
What are the potential side effects?
- You can expect swelling and bruising for up to 2 weeks after the procedure.
- As with any heating device, there’s a risk of skin burns or discoloration.
- Nerve bruising that results in muscle weakness around the mouth for 3 to 6 months is another possible risk, though it’s rare.
- Asymmetry and contour irregularities, requiring further treatment.
- It’s an outpatient procedure done in your doctor’s office under local anesthesia. You should be able to get home by yourself afterward.
- Discomfort is minimal during and after your treatment.
- It stimulates collagen production over 3-6 months, but you should also see some tightening within the first 6 weeks (sometimes even immediately).
- Results can last up to 2 years.
- It does require incisions, no stitches are needed, and there are usually no visible scars.
About Dr Sabrina Shah-Desai MS, FRCS
Dr Sabrina Shah-Desai is a distinguished international oculoplastic surgeon with a 20 year career in researching and developing aesthetic eye rejuvenation techniques. She’s one of London’s foremost eye specialists and has featured on the expert panel for Safety In Beauty in the UK.
Known as “London’s Eye Rejuvenation Expert”, her revolutionary treatments have been covered in Vogue, The Daily Mail, Cosmopolitan, Red Magazine (and more).