Consultation for the treatment of lines & wrinkles – Delivered by an Oculoplastic Surgeon. As an oculoplastic and aesthetic surgeon, Mrs. Sabrina Shah-Desai understands facial anatomy and how it alters with age. She uses a range of treatments, such as chemical neuromodulation and fillers, to ensure that her patients achieve bespoke natural-looking results with movement. She is one of the few practitioners offering the microdroplet treatment – a technique ensuring a natural transition between the treated and non-treated areas. Her mantra is “freeze your lines not your expression”.
- Specialist Doctor treatment: Precise & natural results
- Painless: No anaesthetic required
- Effective: Able to smooth lines and wrinkles
- Safe and accurate?: clinically tested > 20 years
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microdroplet Meso Treatment ?
The microdroplet technique is a new procedure that has been developed for use in conjunction with standard injections. It targets only the superficial muscle fibers where they insert into the skin with a series of small, highly diluted microdroplet injections. In this manner, a smooth transition between treated and non-treated areas is achieved for a more harmonious effect, whilst retaining expression.
Often used for the treatment of brow, forehead and neck lines as part of our anti-wrinkle treatment
What does Mrs. Shah-Desai correct with these treatments?
- Horizontal “Worry” lines (frontalis over-activity)
- “11’s” or Vertical “Frown” lines (corrugator over-activity)
- Laugh or Smile lines (orbicularis over-activity)
- Jelly Rolls of lower eyelid (orbicularis hypertrophy)
- Bunny lines (procerus over-activity)
- Bobbly / Golf-ball chin (mentalis over-activity)
- Marionette Lines or labio-mental creases (DAO over-activity)
- Square jaw / Bruxism (masseter hypertrophy)
- Turkey Neck (platysmal bands)
- Brow ptosis or Asymmetric Brows
- Blepharospasm / Hemi-facial spasm / Aberrant Regeneration of 7th nerve
How they work..
The treatment for line and wrinkles work by temporarily immobilizing muscles, which reduce the appearance of lines and furrows.
Developed in the United Kingdom in the early ’90s, Dysport has been used in UK for many years. Dysport was approved by the Federal Drug Administration in April 2009 for the treatment of head-and-neck muscle spasms and deep lines between the eyebrows.
What to expect…
If you are a suitable patient for treatment with neuro modulator injections, you will find that these are usually painless and invisible. They start to work after the first few days, reaching maximum effect by 2 weeks. For most people the effect lasts for 3 to 4 months, as it wears off you will start to be able to frown more deeply again. After a course of 3 injections over the first two years, most patients feel the effect can last 6 months or longer, thus requiring less frequent injections or smaller doses.
As with any drug, there are some possible side effects, however, because it only stays in the body for a maximum of six months, any side effects associated with the injection will diminish after that time period.
Men vs Women
Men usually prefer to retain a few horizontal forehead lines and generally prefer treating their “11” vertical frown lines. They tend to require microdroplets for their brow and forehead by their mid 40’s.
Most women like to have a more rested appearance with high brows and no lines. They tend to require fillers in addition to maintain their preferred brow position and microdroplet injections for their necks, in their mid 50’s.
Men require higher units as they have larger muscles, so treatment is more expensive for a man.
What are fillers?
The dermal fillers we use are made from hyaluronic acid – a substance that occurs naturally in the body. These types of fillers are biodegradable, which means that they will gradually be absorbed as the gel breaks down and water takes its place. When totally absorbed, the filler gel disappears unnoticed from the body.
Potential temporary side effects
- Bruising and or erythema (redness of the skin) at the site of injection.
- Headache, respiratory infections, nausea and flu-like symptoms.
- Temporary Ptosis or droopy eyelid reverses in 4-6 weeks, as the toxin wears off. It can be managed with Apraclonidine & Phenylephrine drops three times/day for a few weeks.
- The “Spock look” with lateral brow peaking. It can be treated with a small amount of further treatment at the apex of the peak.
- The droopy flat brow or a lower resting eyebrow position. This can occur when the forehead is treated to eliminate horizontal forehead lines. This risk increases with age and can be minimized by microdroplets.
- Temporary lower facial paralysis: an effect of the chemical neuromodulator diffusing further than the treatment dose and can be minimized by microdroplet.
You should not have Toxin if you
- Are taking certain medications ( antibiotics like gentamicin, tobramycin, clindamycin and lincomycin or quinidine for heart rhythm problems)
- Have a muscle-weakening disorder (myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s) or motor neuropathy)
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are allergic to human albumin (not egg allergy)
- Have alcohol in your system: the injections are more likely to give you bruises and alcohol can make the injections spread to muscles you don’t want to treat.
Lines and Wrinkle Treatment Reviews
“I am delighted to write and say a heartfelt thank you and how grateful I am to you for looking after me with such care and expertise. The combination of Dermal and BONTA applied with such skill have re-invigorated me with a natural healthy look and the skin care products for daily use have cleared up any redness and blemishes and given me a clear complexion. I have such confidence that I am getting the best and personal treatment that I could ever have wished for and I want you to know how much I appreciate this. Thank you!!”Donna, 44, Barnet